Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trip

Sometimes I don't think anyone reads my blog anyway, so why bother writing it, but some other times I think that I really write it more for me and my fiance. That's right, you heard me correctly, I am officially engaged to wed my beloved! I really am so excited about that!

As I had previously mentioned, I was going back East to visit my boyfriend for the 4th of July, which was a total blast by the way, and we had talked about whether or not to just get engaged before. We had decided to get married long ago, so getting engaged was really more of a formality, but I really, really wanted to do it!

Shortly after I got out there I was really anxious to just get it over with and I just kind of brought the rings out and was like, "OK, so, here's your ring," and that was it. While I was out there we took a day trip out to Philadelphia and we got back really late. I wanted to take a shower because we had been walking around all day in the hot sun and I was feeling kind of gross. While we were getting ready to shower I asked if I could see his ring and then got down on one knee and proposed to him. I don't think he suspected it, but I could tell that me doing it proper made him happy.

We won't get married for at least a year and he promised me that it would be no longer than two years, but we are going to be moving in together in September, so waiting to get married won't be so bad...I don't think.

While I was out there we went to VA, PA, MD, DC and I think that's it, but I had a whole lot of fun! The only bad part was that I got blisters on my feet and my legs really, really started hurting from all of that walking! The first day we went to the Holocaust Museum (which was very sad and made you almost sick that people could put such little value on the lives of others), we toured the Capitol (lots of fun and very informative, it was pretty interesting and lots of cool art and architecture), and we went to the National Art Gallery (it's part of the Smithsonian, lots of beautiful art and I was surprised to see works from some of the most famous artist: van Gogh, Monet, Gauguin, Picasso, just to name a few), then we had a nice picnic with friends. It turned out to be a wonderful start to my vacation! Actually, now that I think about it, some of that stuff might have been done on Friday...

Saturday we went to Philadelphia and that was really fun too! I got an authentic cheese steak from Pat's, we took a nap in a park, we went to the US Mint and took a tour (which was kind of boring since it was Saturday and no one was working, so we didn't get to watch any money being made), we went to Liberty Hall too, but they had already given out all of the tickets for the day, so we couldn't go inside... We ended the day by going to an all you can eat ice cream fund-raiser for a local hospital! The idea was that you pay $5 for admission and then you get all of the ice cream you can eat! I don't think I ate too much. And it was a madhouse in there too!

Sunday we went to church with a friend (we were a little bit late), then went to this nice dim sum place in Maryland (it was so yummy!). After that we went to the National Cathedral (which was such a masterpiece of architecture! But, there was some kind of concert going on, so I couldn't take pictures of the inside). We finished the night by going to Arlington, VA to watch the fireworks! It was a great show and it was really cool because you could look down and see a bunch of other fireworks shows going on too (it was a once in a lifetime experience).

The next day my baby and I took a cab to the airport and I had to say good bye again :'( But, this time it is only for about 5 weeks (half as long as I have already been away from his handsome face). I only have to wait 27 more days before I get to wrap my arms around his next and kiss him all over his face and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's sooo exciting! Your trip sounds like it was lots of fun, I'm jealous.

R Clark Graham said...

I'm glad you had such a great time in DC!